At DMWR Architects Ltd we are committed to safeguarding and preserving your privacy.
The legal basis on which we hold your personal data is Legitimate Interest which is defined within the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). In short, where we hold your personal information, this is because it is integral to the provision of products and services and conduct of our business.
Please read the following carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your personal data. We update this Policy from time to time so please review this Policy regularly.
By using our website you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
DMWR Architects Ltd and the DMWR Architects Ltd website comply to the DPA (Data Protection Act 1998) and with the requirements of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) which came into effect from 25th May 2018.
Data we may collect from you
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information about your use of our website including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
• Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or to make contact with us.
• Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
Other data we may collect from you
• Any information which identifies you, obtained when you contact us, via the web site, by email, through the post or over the telephone. This could include your name, address, email address, telephone number and any other personal identifying information.
• Where appropriate any information supplied when you provide a Curriculum Vitae.
• Data obtained when we contact you in respect of one of our clients or any project on which we are working. On occasion, we may collect photographs of projects we have worked on which may include incidental photographs of individuals.
• Within our normal bank payment system we may hold details of your bank account for the sole purpose of making such payments.
What we do with your information
Our architecture and design services, together with examples of projects which we have worked upon, are listed on the DMWR Architects Ltd website which is updated periodically.
We process personal information to enable us to provide architectural and design services for our customers; to advertise and promote these services to prospective clients; to maintain our accounts and records and to support and manage our employees. We may use your information to provide and personalise our services, and for:
• Dealing with your inquiries and requests
• Administering orders and accounts relating to our suppliers or clients
• Maintaining information as a reference tool or general resource or for statistical purposes
• When making applications or responding to tender documents, with a view to promoting the suitability and experience of DMWR Architects Ltd as a supplier of architectural and design services
• When communicating with you and other project partners/interested parties relating to the provision of our services or products
• Providing you with information about products and services
• To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
• When dealing with any complaints
Storing your personal data
Your data is stored in our computer systems data files and/or in manual files as is appropriate for its use.
Access to our computer system files is password controlled and is subject to our password management policy. Paper based files are maintained in secure, locked cabinets with access limited to authorised officials only.
We will keep your personal data for the life of any project or connection we have with you and thereafter we will retain such data for so long as it is required for on-going operational requirements, regulatory and legal purposes and as is required as a RIBA Registered Practice. All data is retained within the UK and we do not transfer or otherwise make available your personal data beyond the UK.
We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is stored securely, conducting any necessary risk analysis needed for this purpose.
Data files sent via the internet are not totally secure. We take all measures possible to ensure that any data transferred to/from us in this way is maintained securely. By communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
Should you send personal data to us electronically, this will be entirely at your own risk.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at:
DMWR Architects Ltd
16 – 18 Hatton Gardens
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your express permission or are required by law to do so.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, any such web site will not be governed by this Privacy Statement. Once you have used these links to leave our site, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Access to your information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. Under the GDPR, a request for personal information is free. For a copy of the information held on you please write to:
DMWR Architects Ltd
16 – 18 Hatton Gardens
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
• In the event that we sell any or all of the business to a buyer
• With trusted business partners we deal with as part of our business activity
• With customers/potential customers in relation to current projects/potential projects
• With government bodies and law enforcement agencies
• With suppliers we may engage to process data on our behalf and/or manage out IT provision
• To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Social media policy & usage
We adopt a Social Media Policy to ensure our business and our staff conduct themselves accordingly online. While we may have official profiles on social media platforms users are advised to verify authenticity of such profiles before engaging with or sharing information with such profiles. We will never ask for user passwords or personal details on social media platforms. Users are advised to conduct themselves appropriately when engaging with us on social media.
There may be instances where our website features social sharing buttons, which help share web content directly from web pages to the respective social media platforms. You use social sharing buttons at your own discretion and accept that doing so may publish content to your social media profile feed or page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please write to DMWR Ltd.